Team building has been an important part of keeping and strengthening a cohesive work environment for decades. It has never been more important than it is now. When most of us find ourselves separated, working remotely, rarely leaving the house, looking at the same faces day after day, hour after hour, minute by eternal minute.
We all need a great way to take a break from the normal day to day work functions and enjoy some non-work activities that not only bring us together with our coworkers but also let us learn something about them. Something to find what their strengths and weaknesses are so we can grow as a unit at the same time as enjoying ourselves.
Since video conference calls have more or less replaced face-to-face meetings, it's important to have some quality virtual team building activities that keep your team close, while being far apart.
Evenchilada's Virtual Team Building
Evenchilada has the perfect combination for you and remote employees to achieve these things with our 3-Stage Team Building Exercise for your remote teams!
Team Building Gone Wrong
As I was researching team building I came across some pretty scary stories of team building gone bad. I promise that we will never subject remote workers to these examples:
- “Slam Books” - Where your team writes down what they dislike about each other. The example I read said that this session ended in tears.
- Never Have I Ever - We will not ask your virtual team to reveal embarrassing stories from college.
- Personality Tests - Need I say more?
- And we obviously won’t be sending your ill-equipped employees on a 7-mile hike in the rain.
The virtual team building activities we offer
- A light Stage 1 ‘icebreaker games’. Fun activities where each person can learn a little something about their co workers, but not too much!!! (About 15 minutes)
- A Stage 2 Teamwork Exercise where your team will work together to solve a problem. They will learn to work with each other’s strengths and weaknesses to reach a common goal. (About 30 minutes)
- A Stage 3 ‘Cool Down’ virtual game. A quick version of one of our fun signature games, like a mini-quiz or a fast round of music bingo to wrap things up. (About 15 minutes)
If you have a large team or a small team, let one of our amazing performers guide your remote team members in learning the best ways to work more cohesively in our exercises so that you see practical performance results for your business.